Sales Mock Draft: The Worst Things You Can Do in Sales
In honor of Walt, Pro Sales Guide's technical guy, who's very busy over at WalterFootball.com with his NFL Draft coverage, I've decided to create a Sales Mock Draft.
In the National Football League, they hold a draft every April where all 32 teams get to pick a college football player to join their team. Walt creates NFL Mock Drafts, where he predicts what each team will do.
For this Sales Mock Draft, I'm going to give you the 32 Worst Things You Can Do in Sales.
The list below will also include Walt's corresponding pick in his NFL Mock Draft. Check out WalterFootball.com for Rounds 2-7 and detailed write-ups.
Each entry will tell you what not to do, and cite examples to help you improve upon your sales techniques.
The 32 Worst Things You Can Do in Sales:
- Walking Away - 2/16/09
- Not Looking Customers in the Eye - 2/16/09
- Talking Too Much - 2/16/09
- Not Listening to Customers - 2/16/09
- Not Knowing Your Product - 2/16/09
- Not Being Organized - 2/16/09
- Getting Distracted - 2/16/09
- Selling Price Alone - 2/16/09
- Not Getting Proper Rest - 2/17/09
- Getting Flustered (Lack of Production) - 2/19/09
- Leaving Territory Too Quickly - 2/20/09
- Being Rude to Customers - 2/23/09
- Being Too Content - 2/24/09
- Maintaining Poor Hygiene - 2/26/09
- Pressuring Customers - 2/28/09
- Not Having Fun - 3/2/09
- Not Closing - 3/3/09
- Lacking a Powerful Introduction - 3/4/09
- Not Following Up With Customers - 3/6/09
- Not Having a Strong Mentality - 3/8/09
- Lacking Discipline - 3/10/09
- Not Handling Objections - 3/12/09
- Sounding Desperate - 3/14/09
- Having Poor Customer Service - 3/17/09
- Not Taking a Vacation - 3/21/09
- Misreading Customers - 3/27/09
- Lacking a Unique Sales Identity - 3/31/09
- Not Letting Yourself Be Known - 4/6/09
- Not Having Patience - 4/9/09
- Not Holding Yourself Accountable - 4/11/09
- Hitting on a Customer's Wife - 4/13/09
- Acting Like a Salesperson - 4/23/09
- Overview - 5/23/09